Monday, October 07, 2024

One year.

(Yes, I’m posting this late.) Today it has been one full year since the Al-Aqsa Flood operation, planned and carried out by Al-Qassam of Hamas against the oppressive occupying entity “Israel”. 

Right now I am supposed to be preparing for the major Hurricane Milton whose path I am literally sitting right in the center of. I am extremely lucky that I am far enough inland that I don’t have to worry about storm surge, and that my mother’s house is a solid structure, and that flooding due to torrential rain and ground saturation is still just down the street from us. 

In all honesty, I am having a hard time thinking about anything but the genocide (& etc) in Gaza, West Bank, and now Lebanon. I do feel bad for the people who just suffered through Hurricane Helene and lost everything, or damn near to it, and who are just about to be hit dead on with a potentially stronger and longer lasting hurricane in a few days. The situation is way more dangerous because of all the destruction Helene caused, because there is so much debris and ruined belongings all over the place. It’s an awful situation about to get a whole lot worse. (Unless, by a highly improbable series of events, Milton suddenly diminishes and falls apart and becomes just a mere tropical storm or depression.)


However, I cannot help but see clear as day that their experience of two terrible and destructive hurricanes back to back is almost equivalent to one single day in Gaza. I say “almost equivalent” because I’m sure your chances of survival in Gaza are much lower. And besides, at least a hurricane isn’t trying to terrorize you and destroy everything you have and know and then kill you.


The death toll from Hurricane Helene is now well over 200. 

That’s pretty much a “normal” day for genocide. 


One of the things we’ve learned the hard way from recent hurricanes is that saltwater causes electric vehicles to spontaneously spark and birth furious fire from their lithium batteries. A lot of people store their EVs in their garage. 


If it wasn’t enough that Mother Nature lifted the ocean and flooded your house, now your expensive eco-friendly slick car is a ticking time bomb.

But at least your EV’s not in your pocket, or in your hand a few inches from your face. At least your EV’s not trying to rip you apart.

At least, even in the worst hurricane you can imagine, you’re not being hunted

At least, a hurricane’s destruction has nothing whatsoever to do with who are the people who happen to be living there.

At least, you know that even the worst hurricane has an end and will stop after a few days at most.


I had wanted to say a lot more. But at the moment I am just so drained. And I insist on getting this posted before the 7th turns over.

No comments:

Post a Comment